Traineeship Overseas Freight
Roveg Fruit B.V. is a leading importer and exporter of fresh fruits and vegetables from all over the world. Given the diversity in products, no day at Roveg Fruit is the same. The newly formed Overseas Freight department is responsible for handling new insurance claims, managing outstanding claims, building integrated systems to improve the communication process, and developing our freight forwarding endeavours. This makes it crucial to the financial stability and risk management of the company. To expand our capabilities we are looking for an Overseas Freight Trainee.
What will you be doing?
The Overseas Freight department is central to the risk management and data collection within Roveg, but approaches these from a commercial angle. As an Overseas Freight Trainee your duties will include:
- Triaging incoming claim requests
- Collecting, organizing, and judging evidence
- Inspecting containers, pallets, and transport data
- Developing cross-departmental and cross-company relationships to collect evidence and improve efficiency
- Working and negotiating with external stakeholders throughout the claims process
- Arranging and supervising visits by independent inspectors
As an Overseas Freight Trainee you will be responsible for the day-to-day insurance claims process. You will also have the opportunity to make business decisions autonomously and work together with the rest of the company to continuously improve our processes.
What do we expect?
As the department continues to grow, you will get the opportunity to expand your responsibilities. To take advantage of this unique role with a steep learning curve we have the following requirements:
- HBO/WO education in economics, logistics or business; knowledge in law is a plus
- Proactive, result-oriented, diligent, and decisive
- Excellent communication skills
- Good command of English, ability to read Dutch (or willingness to learn), other European languages can be an advantage
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Willing to continuously develop yourself
What do we offer?
- Informal and pleasant working environment
- Training to get acquainted with the position and to continuously improve your skills
- Autonomy & responsibility within the Overseas Freight department
- Opportunity to improve processes and expand your responsibilities over time
- Various perks including access to: discounted weekly fruit basket, cheap lunches in our in-house canteen, and a 13th month allowance on top of your 8% holiday pay
Who are we?
Roveg Fruit B.V. is a global fruit and vegetables trading company. We supply our products to supermarkets, wholesale- and catering companies. Our headquarters are located in Waddinxveen, the Netherlands, and we also have a subsidiary in Chile. We import a wide variety of products and manage a unique exotics portfolio. We also have our own ripening facilities and packing solutions. Roveg is a fast growing and ambitious company with a distinguishing flexibility and personal attention for our customers and employees.
Are you the one we are looking for? Send us your application via the application form in this link (mentioning Overseas Freight Trainee). Roveg Fruit B.V. is located in the business park Doelwijk in Waddinxveen. For more information on our company and other vacancies please visit our website on www.roveg.nl.
With a wide range of exotics, fruit and vegetables from all over the world, our international team is as diverse as our products. We encourage people to learn and develop themselves. With an hands-on mentality and no nonsense culture, you are more than welcome to join our force!